Grouper - Documentation
• The sites that Grouper fetches content from may place requirements for or restrictions on the use of their content.
You are responsible to ensure that your use of that content does not violate their terms of service.
• If you are uncertain whether you are authorized to republish information from a particular site,
you may wish to limit your use of Grouper to strictly personal use.
• I am not a lawyer, and this statement should not be considered legal advice.
Grouper is a web-based tool for working with RSS feeds.
Grouper helps you to manage RSS feeds in the following ways:
- Provides a unified interface for subscribing to searches of Google News, Yahoo! News, Feedster and Daypop.
- Keeps a locally cached copy of feeds to reduce the wait when accessing the same feed multiple times in a short period.
These features are available in both the free and commercial versions of Grouper.
To learn about some of the advantages of the commercial version (Grouper Evolution), please continue reading.
Grouper Evolution comes pre-configured to convert various XML formats to RSS,
and can be configured to handle many more.
Here's a list of the formats supported by plugins bundled with Grouper Evolution:
- Atom 1.0
- Atom 0.3
- RSS 2.0 (useful for restructuring or simplifying messy feeds)
- Amazon.com affiliates XML
- All Posters affiliates XML
Grouper Evolution comes with a plugin that can be configured to "scrape" websites with a regularly repeating structure,
like weblogs, and convert them to RSS feeds.
"Google", "Yahoo!", "Amazon", "All Posters" and "Feedster" are trademarks of their respective owners.
Grouper is not endorsed by these companies, and Gecko Tribe, LLC is not affiliated with them in any way
unless as a participant in their affiliate marketing programs.